What are some of the best quotes about perspective and reality?
Two individuals can observe the same thing and have very different opinions of it. Two individuals can say “I love you,” yet love might imply two distinct things to each of them. Two persons (two pupils) can sit in the same classroom and get completely different conclusions from the same course and teacher.
The Truth About Perspective and Reality
According to Psychology Today, Perception is not reality, but, it may undoubtedly become a person’s reality (there is a distinction), as perception has a significant impact on how we view reality.
Think of it this way. Perception acts as a lens through which we view reality. Our perceptions influence how we focus on, process, remember, interpret, understand, synthesize, decide about, and act on reality. In doing so, our tendency is to assume that how we perceive reality is an accurate representation of what reality truly is. But it’s not. The problem is that the lens through which we perceive is often warped in the first place by our genetic predispositions, past experiences, prior knowledge, emotions, energy levels, preconceived notions, self-interest, and cognitive distortions, social identities and more.
The truth is, how you see things will affect the way you live and what you do and what you get. If you think it’s impossible to achieve certain feats because of your age or where you come from, you won’t bother putting in energy into truly achieving it, but on the other hand, if you believe you can achieve something irrespective of your age or where you come from, you will continually seek evidence and clues that supports your perspective and will end up putting in the work which will get you the result you want.
By changing your perspective, you can change your life. While there are lots of suffering in the world, there are also lots of overcoming. While there’re are lots of failure, there’re are also lots of successes. What you end up focusing on will make all the difference.
25 Quotes About Perspective And Reality
1. There are no facts, only interpretations. – Friedrich Nietzsche
2. Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.– Marcus Aurelius
3. Perspective is everything when you are experiencing the challenges of life.– Joni Eareckson Tada
4. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses. — Alphonse Karr
5. Everything is best until we know better. –James Lendall Bedford
6. There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. — Louis L’Amour
7. Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So, it is true, that by altering this perception we can alter our reality. – William Constantine
8. In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.– Aaron Rose
9. I’m afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning. — Andy Warhol
10. Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. — Arthur Schopenhauer
11. Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. — Albert Einstein
12. In a rapidly ascending balloon were two men. One watched the earth getting farther and farther away. One watched the stars getting nearer and nearer. — George Jean Nathan
13. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. — Chinese Proverb
14. If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. — Abraham Maslow
15. Be careful how you interpret the world: It is like that. — Erich Heller
16. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. As a man sees in his heart, so he sees. Through unclean windows, lenses, senses, we see things not as they are but as we are. — Jersey Journal
17. Hay is more acceptable to an ass than gold. — Latin Proverb
18. All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.The old that is strong does not wither. Deep roots are not reached by the frost. — J.R.R. Tolkien
19. Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world. ― Wayne W. Dyer
20. If you see a whole thing — it seems that it’s always beautiful. Planets, lives… But up close a world’s all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life’s a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. — Ursula K. Le Guin
21. You will always define events in a manner which will validate your agreement with reality. ― Steve Maraboli
22. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. ― Edgar Allan Poe
23. Youth is not enough. And love is not enough. And success is not enough. And, if we could achieve it, enough would not be enough. — Mignon McLaughlin
24. And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be crazy, by those who could not hear the music. ― Friedrich Nietzsche
25. “It’s all in the mind.” ― George Harrison