Everyone makes mistakes. It’s in our nature as humans to fail. Whether it’s at work, your family life, or in your relationships, you’re bound to disappoint yourself and others at some point.
It’s ok to make mistakes. You weren’t born perfect, you don’t know everything, you are flawed in so many ways and may not have every advantage whatsoever for a perfect life. Even when you try to do the right thing, you can still make mistakes.
While it can seem difficult to see past some of the mistakes we’ve made in our lives, we still have to learn to move on. Never be too focused on your mistakes. Learn from them but never let them define you. Remind yourself that no matter what you did wrong, you still have the capability to learn and be better than you were before. Also remember your mistakes in life are your greatest lessons and your pains, your greatest strengths.
17 Profound Quotes On Why Your Mistakes Shouldn’t Define You
1. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” —Albert Einstein
2. “Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” ― L.M. Montgomery
3. “Don’t let the mistakes and disappointments of the past control and direct your future.” ― Zig Ziglar
4. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”—Marilyn Monroe
5. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” —Steve Maraboli
6. “The sooner you make your first five thousand mistakes the sooner you will be able to correct them.” ― Kimon Nicolaides
7. “After every mistake, we need to understand that we can look back and learn-so that we can move forward with confidence and avoid making the same mistake again.” —Zig Ziglar
8. “Some mistakes have greater consequences than others. But you don’t have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You have the choice not to let that happen.”— Jojo Moyes
9. “There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self-mastery. From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher.” —Robin S. Sharma
10. “We all make mistakes. If you can’t make mistakes, you can’t make decisions. I’ve made a lot bigger mistakes myself.” —Warren Buffet
11. “True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.” — Seth Brown
12. “I learn from my mistakes. It’s a very painful way to learn, but without pain, the old saying is, there’s no gain.” —Johnny Cash
13. “An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be made in his subject, and how to avoid them.” — Werner Heisenberg
14. “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.” — Rita Mae Brown
15. “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.” —Robert T. Kiyosaki
16. “We are all flawed. Every one of us. And believe me, we’ve all made mistakes. You’ve just got to take a good hard look at yourself, change what needs to be changed, and move on.” — Lauren Myracle
17. “Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance.” — Mo’ne Davis