If you are looking for information on isochronic tones and how you can use this super brainwave entrainment technology to improve the performance of your brain, then you are at the right place.
There are many common uses of isochronic tones, but most use them as a “shortcut” in order to reap the benefits of meditation which otherwise might take years to attain. That is precisely why this technology is controversial – it has been touted as the ultimate “mind hack” that enables anyone to gain inner peace quickly and easily.
Benefits of Isochronic Tones
- Increased levels of energy and vitality. You will notice the immediate effect of achieving inner peace and general feeling of positivity and optimism.
- Increased visualization vividness. If you have problems making your visualizations vivid, then isochronic tones will help.
- Increased levels of intelligence. It has been said that isochronic tones would help synchronizing both parts of the brain, which increases IQ points. Studies show that there is a strong correlation between brain hemisphere synchronization and levels of intelligence.
- Increased focus. This also results in the increase of productivity and efficiency.
- Decreased feelings of dread and anxiety. You will attain a brighter outlook in life, which translates into positivity in all aspects of your life.
In short, you will effortlessly elevate your inner state to achieve higher creativity and learning capabilities as well as to reduce levels of stress and anxiety. If you are not using isochronic tones then you are definitely missing out!
What Are Isochronic Tones?
Isochronic tones are considered as an “advanced” type of brainwave entrainment
technologies (far ahead from monoaural and binaural beats). Binaural beats are often now seen as the “milder” version of isochronic tones, which are seen as more “hardcore”.
Relatively recent, the isochronic tones were first presented in the acclaimed Journal of Neurotherapy back in 1999. A test group of ninety six students were given aural doses of isochronic tones (similar to NeuroActivator™ programs) and there was a marked increase in examination results of the students in the test group.
Proponents of this technology go as far as to claim that binaural beats have minimal effect on the human mind when compared to isochronic tones. That could be a little far-fetched though. However, studies have shown that using brainwave entrainment for meditation (specifically isochronic tones) could boost its effectiveness by as much as 300%. Check out this study by Dr Jeffrey Thompson from the famed CenterFor Neuroacoustic Research.
How To Put Isochronic Tones To Work
Once you have gotten hold of some audio with isochronic tones (NeuroActivator programs are highly recommended for beginners and experts alike), then follow these steps in order to maximize the benefits -
- Go to a place where you won’t be disturbed. I personally like my “sanctuary corner” in my house which is out of bounds for my children. You should feel comfortable and stress-free.
- Use a portable mp3 player with good headphones. I have found this to be more effective than a stereo. You might also prefer the same. Studies have shown that brainwave entrainment works best with a good set of headphones.
- Practice your breathing pattern. Slow down your breathing, and let the music be your guiding light. This might feel awkward if you are just starting out, but trust me. After a couple of minutes, it will feel natural to you.
- Be aware of your focus. You will notice that your thoughts move more “slowly” as you un-clutter your brain. You will also be more aware of what you are thinking, and you find it easy to control your thoughts.
- At this point, get into a visualization exercise. Vividly create in your mind pictures and motions depicting you achieving your dreams.
- At the end of the exercise, you will feel energized, and at peace. As you go on with your day, you will notice a marked increase in energy, passion and vitality.
Repeat this exercise for 3-4 times a week and you will reap the benefits many times over. Try it!
Using Isochronic Tones As Meditation Music
If you are into meditation, using isochronic tones as music for meditation is a no-brainer, really. In fact, it is known as one of the “shortcuts” that a beginner meditator can use in order to reap quick benefits and achieve a masterful state of meditation which usually would take years to achieve.
The scientific reason for this is that isochronic tones tend to stimulate the brain to a very specific range of frequencies (namely alpha, beta and gamma ranges). It does not work on the delta range. As a result, you get focused, more powerful doses in a short range of brainwave frequencies which work quicker.
Some Watch-outs That You Must Take Heed
Despite all the advantages outlined above, there are a few things that you must take heed if you want to benefit from listening to isochronic tones. You see, an isochronic tone is a single tone that turns on and off, and during the pauses there is zero audible sound. This is what makes it so effective than compared to monaural and binaural beats.
However, this could present a problem in itself unfortunately. Some people may find the experience tiring instead of relaxing. Indeed, the naked tones could sound like an “electric generator” which could be disturbing to some. This could be counter productive as far as brainwave entrainment goes.
Therefore, if you are to try out some audio with isochronic tones, go for products which “mask” the tones to smooth the edges and blends the tones with pleasant background music. For example, get an audio which blends the soothing sound of rain with softer isochronic tones in the background.
NeuroActivator has got a range of products which blends the otherwise harsh isochronic tones with pleasant background music. It also adds hypnotic, positive messaging which is delivered softly in the background (in a subliminal way). I have used them for years, and they are the best of the lot.
All in all, if you are into brainwave entrainment then you should check out isochronic tones which could well be the biggest breakthrough in this field in the recent years.